Teachers & educators
Computing is a vital aspect of today’s world. We want to empower teachers to give young people the skills they need to shape this world.
That’s why we provide high-quality CPD training courses, classroom resources, and online events for teachers. All for free.
- 92% of educators and volunteers say young people involved in our programmes have improved their programming skills.
- 45% of schools in England have used our resources and training as part of the National Centre for Computing Education.
- We’ve been using using quizzes and rewards to trial how to assess skills development in our programmes.
In the classroom
Support your students, increase your confidence.
Training, resources, and guidance to help you teach computing with confidence.
- 500 hours of lesson plans
- Certified training programmes
- Attractive bursaries
Isaac Computer Science
Collaborate online with your A level Computer Science students.
- Set self-marking homework questions
- Save time on marking
- Manage students’ progress
Start a Code Club
Start a coding club for young people aged 9–13 at your school.
- Build coding confidence for you and your students
- Use step-by-step coding projects
- Access free training
Enter the European Astro Pi Challenge
Help your students code scientific experiments that run on Raspberry Pi computers aboard the International Space Station.Find out more
Free training courses
Choose from a wide range of online courses aimed at different skill levels. Learn at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home.
Getting Started with Your Raspberry Pi
Discover how to set up your Raspberry Pi computer, as well as how to use it for everyday tasks and to learn how to code.
Introduction to Databases and SQL
Discover how databases work and how to use SQL in this introductory course.
Pedagogy in Secondary Schools: Inspiring Computing Teaching
Transform your teaching by developing your pedagogical approach.
Hello World magazine
Our free computing and digital making magazine for educators.
One hundred pages of in-depth discussion, project ideas, lesson plans, news, and reviews. Available in digital and print.Subscribe
Keep up with the latest research and find effective teaching practices.
Teach Computing Podcast
Discover new ideas and examples of effective teaching practice.
Gender Balance in Computing
We’re working to find the best ways to encourage young women to study Computer Science.
More than 1000 schools in England are part of our series of research trials funded by the Department of Education.Find out more